| Online Programs
Online TESOL Diploma Program (120 hours)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Abroad
You can Register online for this program.
| ATC TESOL Diploma Sample
- 1. Receive Canadian training and certification to teach English abroad!
- 2. Study from any city in the world with a computer and internet access and set your own weekly schedule.
- 3. Practical tools for teaching in a variety of classroom situations.
- 1. Unlimited access to module-based online interactive software with the latest technology for the duration of your program.
- 2. Study with a PDF e-book and online videos for deep learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your TESOL Diploma mailed to you by international post upon successful completion of the program.
- 5. TESOL Practicum (Optional): You can choose if you want to do a practicum or not after completing your coursework.
The online TESOL Diploma program, approximately 120 hours of study, is designed for international students and Canadians who want to receive training and become certified to teach English abroad in non-English speaking countries.
The program has 3 parts: 1. Online module-based interactive software, 2. Online PDF e-book, and 3. Online videos. Each part has weekly assignments that students email to their instructor for continual marking and feedback.
The program offers basic training and focuses on the communicative approach. It covers methodology, teaching theories, teaching strategies, and practical teaching techniques. Students who successfully complete the program will receive ATC's internationally recognized 120-hour TESOL diploma. This program is approved by the Korea Ministry of Education and KRIVET (Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training) for CEI License level 2.
At the end of this course, you are expected to be able to:
- Develop an overview of teaching methodologies from the past to the present.
- Have a deep understanding of how to teach the four English communication skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Have a basic understanding of how to teach English grammar and vocabulary.
- Have a basic understanding of how to teach English pronunciation.
- Design detailed and dynamic ESL lesson plans suitable for various levels.
- Have basic tools and techniques for classroom management and dealing with unexpected situations.
Part 1: Interactive Software: Introduces the student to various areas of ESL teacher training.
Part 2: E-book: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Part 3: Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Part 1: Interactive Software (4 weeks)
Section 1 >The teacher, Section 2 > The learner, Section 3 >The situation, Section 4 > The language, Section 5 >The lesson, Section 6 > Orientation and Placement, Section 7 > Assessing Students, Section 8 > Resources and Equipment, Section 9 > Receptive Skills Information, Section 10 > Listening Practice, Section 13 > Writing Practice, Section 14 > Speaking Practice, Section 15 > Pronunciation Information, Section 16 > Pronunciation Practice, Section 17 > Vocabulary Information, Section 18 > Vocabulary Practice, Section 19 > Grammar Information, Section 20 > Grammar Practice, Section 21 > Encouraging Learner Autonomy, Section 22 > More on Vocabulary, Section 23 > More on Grammar, Section 24 > More on Receptive Skills, Section 25 > More on Productive Skills
Part 2: Guided Research: PDF E-book (1 or 2 or 4 weeks)
Chapter 6 > Planning Lessons and Courses, Chapter 7 > Speaking, Chapter 8 > Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading, Chapter 9 > Writing
Part 3: Guided Research: Videos (1 or 2 weeks)
Video 1 > Enhancing Instruction with Visuals, Video 2 > Developing Listening Skills, Video 3 > Developing Reading Skills, Video 4 > Developing Writing Skills, Video 5 > Vocabulary, Video 6 > Teaching Grammar Communicatively
The 20-hour practicum is optional (you can choose if you want to do a practicum or not). The practicum is intended for online ATC TESOL students who want classroom teaching practice. The practicum consists of 10 hours of ESL classroom observation and 10 hours of practice teaching under the supervision of an experienced ESL teacher. Online students who want to do a practicum are responsible for finding their own practicum placement at a nearby school in their country (schools usually charge a fee for providing a practicum placement). ATC will approve the Supervising Teacher, provide the student with the practicum guidelines, moderate the observation reports and lesson plans, and state the practicum hours on the diploma free of charge.
ATC Students who are working as ESL teachers under supervision in a school setting can apply to have their teaching hours counted as the equivalent to the 20-hour practicum.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee: $795 CAD
Promotion: $595 CAD (August 2020)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$297.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $297.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 120 hours, can be completed in 6 to10 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Native speakers of English: Completion of high school.
International Students: One of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
2. Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
To find out if this course is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 25-minute test, you will receive an automatic e-mail with your score results. We will then send you another e-mail with a list of suitable courses for your level.
You can register online to apply for this course.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.