Online TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma (120 hrs)
Teaching English to Children Abroad
Tuition: $795 DAD
You can Register online for this program.
ATC TEC Diploma Sample
- 1. Receive Canadian training and certification to teach English to children abroad!
- 2. Study from any city in the world with a computer and internet access and set your own weekly schedule.
- 3. Practical tools for teaching English to Children in a variety of classroom situations.
- 1. Unlimited access to module-based online interactive software for Part 1 of your program.
- 2. Study with a PDF e-book and online videos for deep learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma mailed to you by international post upon successful completion of the program.
- 5. Online TEC Practicum (Optional): You can choose if you want to do a practicum or not after completing your coursework.
The online TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma program, approximately 120 hours of study, is designed for international students and Canadians who want to receive training and become certified to teach English to children abroad in non-English speaking countries.
The program has 3 parts: 1. Online module-based interactive software, 2. Online PDF e-book, and 3. Online videos. Each part has weekly assignments that students email to their instructor for continual marking and feedback.
The program offers basic training for teaching English to children in non-English speaking countries. Part 1 (Interactive Software) of the program is an introduction to TESOL (this part is a general overview of teaching English and not focused on children). Part 2 (E-book assignments) and Part 3 (Video assignments) focus specifically on teaching English to children. Students who successfully complete the program will receive ATC's internationally recognized 120-hour TEC - Teaching English to Children Diploma.
At the end of this course, you are expected to be able to:
- Develop an overview of TEC - Teaching English to Children.
- Have a basic understanding of how to teach children the four English communication skills of speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Have a basic understanding of lesson plans for teaching English to children.
- Have basic tools and techniques for classroom management and dealing with unexpected situations.
Part 1: Interactive Software: Introduces the student to the main concepts of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). This part is a general overview of teaching English and not focused on children.
Part 2: E-book: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of teaching English to children.
Part 3: Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of teaching English to children.
Part 1: Interactive Software (4 weeks)
Section 1 >The teacher, Section 2 > The learner, Section 3 >The situation, Section 4 > The language, Section 5 >The lesson, Section 6 > Orientation and Placement, Section 7 > Assessing Students, Section 8 > Resources and Equipment, Section 9 > Receptive Skills Information, Section 10 > Listening Practice, Section 13 > Writing Practice, Section 14 > Speaking Practice, Section 15 > Pronunciation Information, Section 16 > Pronunciation Practice, Section 17 > Vocabulary Information, Section 18 > Vocabulary Practice, Section 19 > Grammar Information, Section 20 > Grammar Practice, Section 21 > Encouraging Learner Autonomy, Section 22 > More on Vocabulary, Section 23 > More on Grammar, Section 24 > More on Receptive Skills, Section 25 > More on Productive Skills
Part 2: Guided Research: PDF E-book (2 or 4 or 8 weeks)
Chapter 1 > The Young Language Learner, Chapter 2 > Class Management and Atmosphere, Chapter 3 > Teaching Listening, Chapter 4 > Teaching Oral Work, Chapter 5 > Teaching Reading, Chapter 6 > Teaching Writing, Chapter 7 > Topic-based Work, Chapter 8 > Planning, Chapter 9 > Tools
Part 3: Guided Research: Videos (1 to 3 weeks)
Video 1, Video 2, Video 3, Video 4, Video 5, Video 6
The above outline may be updated to improve the program.
Online TEC Practicum (Optional)
The 20-hour practicum is optional (you can choose if you want to do a practicum or not). The practicum is intended for online ATC TEC students who want classroom teaching practice. The practicum consists of 10 hours of ESL classroom observation (children aged 5 to 11) and 10 hours of practice teaching (children aged 5 to 11) under the supervision of an experienced ESL teacher. Online students who want to do a practicum are responsible for finding their own practicum placement at a nearby school in their country (schools usually charge a fee for providing a practicum placement). ATC will approve the Supervising Teacher, provide the student with the practicum guidelines, moderate the observation reports and lesson plans, and state the practicum hours on the diploma free of charge.
ATC Students who are working as ESL teachers of children (5 to 11 years old) under supervision in a school setting can apply to have their teaching hours counted as the equivalent to the 20-hour practicum.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee:$795 CAD
Promotion Price: $595 CAD (February 2020)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$297.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $297.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 120 hours, can be completed in 7 to15 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Native speakers of English: 18 years of age or older and completion of high school.
International Students: 18 years of age or older and one of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
2. Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
To find out if this course is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 25-minute test, you will receive an automatic e-mail with your score results. We will then send you another e-mail with a list of suitable courses for your level.
You can register online to apply for this course.