| Online Programs
Online Professional TESOL Diploma Program (180 hours)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Abroad
| Quick Info
Duration: 180 hours online
Tuition Fee: $995 CAD
You can Register online for this program.
ATC Professional TESOL Diploma Sample
- 1. Highly motivated students capable of independent online study in an intensive and challenging program to teach English abroad.
- 2. Professional teachers of English who wish to receive Canadian training and certification to update their skills and credentials to teach English abroad.
- 1. Receive Canadian training and certification and earn the top-level 180-hour Professional TESOL Diploma for teaching English abroad.
- 2. Advance your teaching career and increase your employment options, salary, and benefits.
- 3. Study online from any city in the world with internet access and a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- 4. Enjoy studying online independently with a flexible schedule convenient for busy students and professionals.
- 5. Set your own daily study schedule and submit assignments once per week.
- 6. Receive advanced training and gain practical tools to teach English with skill and confidence.
- 1. Unlimited 24-hour access to your program on an online Moodle-based web platform.
- 2. Program content in text and video format for deeper learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your diploma, transcript, and graduation letter mailed to you by international post upon graduation.
- 5. The digital scans of your graduate documents uploaded to ATC website's Credential Verification portal.
- 6. Practicum (Optional): You can choose if you want to do a practicum or not after completing your coursework.
The online Professional TESOL Diploma program, approximately 180 hours of study, is designed for highly motivated students and professional teachers of English who wish to receive Canadian training and certification to teach English abroad in non-English speaking countries. It is our most popular TESOL program for career-oriented students and teachers who want to upgrade their training. It offers students the opportunity to study independently with 24-hour access to an online platform and assignments that they submit to their instructor once per week for marking and feedback. Most students complete the program in 11 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace). It focuses on the communicative approach and covers teaching principles, methodology, practical teaching techniques, classroom management, teaching multi-level classes, and more. Graduates receive ATC's internationally recognized 180-hour Professional TESOL diploma. This program is approved by KRIVET (Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training) for CEI License level 1.
At the end of this course, you are expected to be able to:
- Have an overview of teaching methodologies from the past to the present.
- Have a deep understanding of how to teach speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocuabulary, and pronunciation.
- Be able to design detailed and dynamic lesson plans suitable for various levels
- Have advanced tools and techniques for classroom management and dealing with unexpected situations.
- Have an advanced understanding of the role of phonology in the ESL classroom.
- Have the professional skills to teach an ESL multi-level class.
Online 180-hour Professional TESOL Diploma Program
This program is made of 3 courses:
Course 1. Essential Teacher Knowledge: Introduces the student to various areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 2. Learning Teaching: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 3. Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 1: Essential Teacher Knowledge
Section A: Language
Section B: Background to Language Teaching Methodology
Section C: Teaching Language and Language Skills
Course 2: Learning Teaching
Section 1: Toolkit 1: Classroom Management
Section 2: Planning Lessons and Courses
Section 3: Speaking
Section 4: Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading
Section 5: Writing
Section 6: Lexis
Section 7: Grammar
Section 8: Phonology: the Sound Of English
Course 3: Videos
Video 1: Communicative Language Teaching
Video 2: Enhancing Instruction with Visuals
Video 3: Developing Listening Skills
Video 4: Developing Reading Skills
Video 5: Developing Writing Skills
Video 6: Vocabulary
Video 7: Teaching Grammar Communicatively
Video 8: Facilitating Multi-level Classes
TESOL Practicum (Optional)
The 20-hour practicum is optional (you can choose if you want to do a practicum or not). Online students who want to do a practicum are responsible for finding their own practicum placement at a nearby school in their country. ATC Students who are working as ESL teachers under supervision in a school setting can apply to have their teaching hours counted as the equivalent to the 20-hour practicum.
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee: $995 CAD
Promotion: $795 CAD (January 2022)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$397.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $397.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 180 hours of study. Most students complete the program in 11 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Native speakers of English: Completion of high school.
International Students: One of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
2. Completion of an undergraduate degree from an English-speaking university or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
Test your English
To find out if this program is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 30-minute test, you will receive automatic feedback and your mark. If you pass the test, we will send you an e-mail with a list of suitable programs for your level.
You can register online to apply for this program.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.