| Online Programs
Online Introduction to TESOL Program (60 hours)
Introduction to Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Abroad
Tuition: $695 DAD
Start dates: Every Monday
Take our Free Online English Test to find out if this program is suitable for your level.You can Register online for this program.
Why Study Introduction to TESOL?
- 1. Receive an introduction to the field of teaching English abroad!
- 2. Study online from any city in the world with internet access and a computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- 3. Enjoy studying online independently with a flexible schedule convenient for busy students.
- 4. Set your own daily study schedule and submit assignments once per week.
- 5. Become familiar with some of the main topics of English teacher training.
- 1. Unlimited 24-hour access to your program on an online Moodle-based web platform.
- 2. Program content in text and video format for deeper learning.
- 3. Personal instructor assessing your progress, marking your weekly assignments, and giving you written feedback.
- 4. Your certificate of completion, transcript, and graduation letter mailed to you by international post upon graduation.
- 5. The digital scans of your graduate documents uploaded to ATC website's Credential Verification portal.
The online Introduction to TESOL program, approximately 60 hours of study, is available to international students and Canadians, and is designed for high school students and young adults (16 years of age minimum) who want an introduction to the field of teaching English in non-English speaking countries. If think you may be interested in a teaching career in the future and want to sample selected areas of the field and become familiar with some basic tools and techniques, this program is for you. Although this program does not offer a teaching certificate, it does give you a certificate of completion for your study of an introduction to the English teaching field.
This program offers students the opportunity to study independently with 24-hour access to an online platform and assignments that they submit to their instructor once per week for marking and feedback. Most students complete the program in 10 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace). It focuses on selected areas of the communicative approach and includes a review of English grammar, teaching methodology, classroom management, teaching speaking, listening, reading, writing, and using visuals in the classroom. Graduates receive ATC's 60-hour Introduction to TESOL certificate.
At the end of this program, you are expected to:
- Have an introductory overview of English teaching methodology.
- Be familiar with key concepts for teaching speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Have basic knowledge of classroom management.
Online 60-hour Introduction to TESOL Program
This program is made of 3 courses:
Course 1. Essential Teacher Knowledge: Introduces the student to selected areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 2. Learning Teaching: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 3. Videos: Allows the student to visually review the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Course 1: Essential Teacher Knowledge
Section A: Language
Section B: Background to Language Teaching Methodology
Section C: Teaching Language and Language Skills
Course 2: Learning Teaching
Section 1: Classroom Management
Section 2: Speaking
Section 3: Receptive Skills: Listening and Reading
Course 3: Videos
Video 1: Enhancing Instruction with Visuals
Video 2: Developing Listening Skills
Video 3: Developing Reading Skills
Video 4: Developing Writing Skills
Schedule and Fees
Tuition Fee: $695 CAD
Promotion: $495 CAD (June 2023)
Can be paid in 2 equal installments:
Before Start date:$247.50 CAD
After 4 weeks: $247.50 CAD
Duration: Approximately 60 hours. Most students complete the program in 10 weeks (students have the option of studying at a faster pace).
Minimum Age: 16 years
Native speakers of English: Completion of at least two years of high school.
International Students: One of the following:
1. Pass ATC's Free Online English Test or
2. Completion of High Intermediate level of English or
3. IELTS 6.5 or
4. TOEFL iBT 80 or
5. TOEIC 750
You can start this program any Monday.
Test your English
To find out if this program is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. Upon completing this 30-minute test, you will receive automatic feedback and your mark. If you pass the test, we will send you an e-mail with a list of suitable programs for your level.
You can register online to apply for this program.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.