120-hour TESOL Diploma Program (Vancouver, Canada)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Abroad
Who is this program suitable for?
This 120-hour TESOL Diploma program is available for group registration only (15 students minimum) by referral from educational agencies, language schools, colleges, universities, or corporations for the following candidates:
- 1. A group of international students who wish to become trained and certified to teach English in their own countries.
- 2. A group of overseas teachers of English who wish to receive Canadian training and certification to update their skills and credentials to teach English in their own countries.
- For individual study, please refer to the Online Professional TESOL Diploma Program.
This program is designed for group registration of international students or teachers who wish to receive in-class TESOL training in Vancouver, Canada (2 weeks) blended with online TESOL training (60 hours), and receive certification from ATC to teach English abroad.
Students who graduate from the TESOL program will receive ATC's 120-hour TESOL Diploma (Approved by the Korea Ministry of Education and Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training for CEI License level 2),
Why study 120-hour TESOL Diploma?
- 1. Receive ATC’s 120-hour TESOL Diploma to teach English abroad!
- 2. Balance of theory, teaching methodology and practical strategies!
- 3. Gain the necessary step-by-step training to stand in front of the classroom with confidence!
- 4. Study with a blended approach (60 hours in the classroom and 60 hours online).
What your course includes?
- 1. In-class training with highly qualified instructors in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere!
- 2. An exciting program with a lot of activities, presentations, and practice teaching!
- 3. Online interactive software you can access with a computer and internet service from any location convenient to you.
- 4. Your TESOL certification from ATC upon successful completion of all course modules, assignments, and assessments!
This 120-hour TESOL Diploma program employs a blended approach: 2 weeks (60 hours) in-class in Vancouver, Canada, and 60 hours online. It focuses on the communicative approach and includes methodology, teaching theories, teaching strategies, and practical techniques for teaching speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. The TESOL program includes an integrated practicum and is ideal for trainees who want to become certified to teach English abroad in their own countries.
Part 1: Online Study - Interactive Software: Introduces the student to various areas of ESL teacher training.
Part 2: In-class Study: Guides the student to go more deeply into the main areas of ESL teacher training.
Part 1: Online Study (60 hours)
Section 1 >The teacher, Section 2 > The learner, Section 3 >The situation, Section 4 > The language, Section 5 >The lesson, Section 6 > Orientation and Placement, Section 7 > Assessing Students, Section 8 > Resources and Equipment, Section 9 > Receptive Skills Information, Section 10 > Listening Practice, Section 13 > Writing Practice, Section 14 > Speaking Practice, Section 15 > Pronunciation Information, Section 16 > Pronunciation Practice, Section 17 > Vocabulary Information, Section 18 > Vocabulary Practice, Section 19 > Grammar Information, Section 20 > Grammar Practice, Section 21 > Encouraging Learner Autonomy, Section 22 > More on Vocabulary, Section 23 > More on Grammar, Section 24 > More on Receptive Skills, Section 25 > More on Productive Skills
Part 2: In-class Study (2 weeks):
Ice-breakers, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, Teaching Speaking, Teaching Pronunciation, Teaching Listening, Teaching Reading, Teaching Vocabulary, Teaching Writing, Teaching Grammar
Schedule and Fees
Registration fee: $150 CAD
Material fee: $100 CAD
Tuition fee: $1495 CAD
Duration: 120 hours total
Online duration: 60 hours
In-class duration: 60 hours (2 weeks)
In-class Days: Monday to Friday
In-class Time: 9 AM to 4 PM
To be admitted to the TESOL program, prospective students must meet specific requirements regarding age, prior education, English level, and demonstrated proficiency in the basic skills required for college-level work as follows:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Submission of a letter of intent outlining your goals for taking the TESOL program.
- Pass ATC’s online English test.
OR TOEFL iBT Score 101 (minimum of 27 in speaking/writing, 23 in listening, 24 in reading)
OR IELTS Academic 6.5 overall with a minimum score of 6.5 in each skill area
OR TOEIC 750
To apply for a group registration for this course, please contact ATC.