Academic English Vocabulary - Advanced
Certificate and Diploma Programs
Why study Academic Vocabulary - Advanced?
- 1. Learn advanced academic English vocabulary and prepare for college or university education today!
- 2. Gain confidence using advanced English vocabulary for academic purposes.
- 3. Study from any city in the world at your own pace.
- 4. Repeat any section of the course you wish and learn more deeply.
What your course includes?
- 1. Access to online interactive software with the latest technology for the duration of your course.
- 2. Personal instructor assessing your progress and supporting you with any questions you may have.
- 3. Your original printed Certification mailed to you by international post upon successful completion of all course modules, assignments, and assessments. *
If you simply want to improve your English vocabulary, if you want to pass an exam in English, or if you want to study in English at a university, then this is the course for you. This is an interactive, online resource which was developed specifically for the vocabulary needs of international students preparing to take standardized tests or begin college or university studies in English speaking countries. The course contains a variety of exercises aimed at helping you recognize and reproduce 570 of the most frequently-used academic words in English. Altogether, there are 10 sub-lists of academic vocabulary with exercises, separated to make learning easy. By completing one unit every day, within one month, up to 240 words can become part of your vocabulary range.
At the end of this course, you are expected to be able to:
- Master 570 frequently used academic words.
- Increase vocabulary knowledge.
- Build familiarity with these words in context.
Recommended for learners who need to:
- Prepare for college or university education
- Prepare for standardized tests (for example: IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC)
- Prepare for English for Academic Purposes courses
- Improve vocabulary knowledge and use.
Schedule and Fees
This course is suitable for students with a High Intermediate to Advanced level of English.
You can start this course any Monday.
Test your English
To find out if this course is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 25-minute test, you will receive an automatic e-mail with your score results. We will then send you another e-mail with a list of suitable courses for your level.
You can register online to apply for this course.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.