Professional Medical English
Certificate and Diploma Programs
Why study Professional Medical English?
- 1. Start your journey of learning professional Medical English and build your career today!
- 2. Gain confidence using English in the medical field.
- 3. Study from any city in the world at your own pace.
- 3. Repeat any section of the course you wish and learn more deeply.
What your program includes?
- 1. Unlimited access to module-based online interactive software with the latest technology for the duration of your course.
- 2. Personal instructor assessing your progress and supporting you with any questions you may have.
- 3. Your original printed Certification mailed to you by international post upon successful completion of all course modules, assignments, and assessments. *
This course aims at developing the listening and speaking skills necessary to communicate in a health-related context. There is an emphasis on vocabulary, both academic and specific medical terminology. The course is made of 4 levels.
A focus on general communication. At the end of this level, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Introduce themselves and a 3rd person.
- Use the telephone.
- Ask for and give directions.
- Express likes and dislikes.
- Ask for personal information.
A focus on taking a patient’s history. At the end of this level, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Express certainty and ask for clarification.
- Ask questions to find out about a patient’s complaint.
- Ask about pain and discuss the type and intensity of it.
- Ask about family and social behaviours.
A focus on examination and diagnosis. At the end of this level, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Give reassurance.
- Explain the consequence of an action.
- Express degree of possibility.
- Give instructions.
- Use language and abbreviations associated with prescribing medication.
A focus on procedures and treatments. At the end of this level, learners are expected to have the knowledge and confidence to:
- Ask for and give an opinion
- Discuss an opinion to make a decision.
- Ask for more detailed information.
Schedule and Fees
This course is suitable for students with an Intermediate to High Advanced level of English.
You can start this course any Monday.
Test your English
To find out if this course is suitable for your level, take our Free Online English Test. After completing this 25-minute test, you will receive an automatic e-mail with your score results. We will then send you another e-mail with a list of suitable courses for your level.
You can register online to apply for this course.
* All fees are in Canadian dollars.